Are you writing a book?
Do you plan to submit your manuscript to literary agents and publishers? Or are you considering the self-publishing route to success? If you’re in any of these categories, you have arrived in the right place. We offer help to beginning writers throughout their writing journey. We offer a wide range of editorial services that can add value to your book and improve your chances of getting published. If you intend to self-publish, an editor’s help is an absolute must before you go to print.
A literary consultant can play a major role in getting a book as good as it can be before it’s published. Before submitting your manuscript to an agent or publisher, you might want to get an independent and professional opinion on its worth. You might want to have an insight in the market conditions to see if your project is likely to appeal to agents and publishers, based on what ultimately readers demand.
As seen in
What to expect?
By asking an independent editor to assess your manuscript, you give your writing the chance of being recognised for its quality and market worth. You put a great deal of time and effort into writing a book, so giving it the chance of a professional literary analysis is one option you should seriously consider. You might just be the famous next big thing that all literary agents and publishers are looking for, or you could be just a hard-working aspiring writer, prepared to put in any amount of effort in order to improve her or his work. Either way, you can count on us for a high quality, highly personal and very constructive literary critique and an honest opinion on your writing.
If you’re stuck with your work and feel that a professional literary analysis and a constructive critique are the only things you need in order to make progress with your project, you’re in the right place. Or, if you’re fairly happy with your work, but keep getting rejections from literary agents, involving a literary consultant can help you understand why. Feel free to browse our website for more details on how we can help you make your book better. Get in touch and let us know more about you and about your manuscript.
We are all professional editors. Unlike other consultancies, we don’t work with published authors or with anonymous readers for manuscript assessments because we believe experienced editors have a unique market awareness. Here are some of the advantages of working with our editorial team:
with decades of professional experience, we are one of the oldest and most established literary consultancies in the UK
a named editor will work on your manuscript, the same one from start to finish
a managing editor will oversee your project is delivered to standard and on time
you can view our progress on your manuscript online from within your own account on our website
you can email your editor personally at any time and you can ask him or her questions following the assessment report
our services are recommended by leading literary agents, editors and creative writing course professionals
we have outstanding feedback from clients: over 90% of our clients believe our manuscript assessment is very useful, with the remaining 10% believing it is useful.
How does our literary consultancy work? We start by assessing your manuscript. Your work will be assigned to a suitable professional editor with a record of editing your genre in a publishing house or a literary agency. In our reports, we talk about consistent and compelling characters, flawless story development, a well-knitted plot with no loose ends, a sustained pace, a logical structure with a consistent narrative, style and language, all from a tested market-aware perspective. If we believe your story is ready, and if we know of a literary agent or a publisher looking for your type of book, we will discuss our options with you. If we think you need to do some more work on your book, our assessment report will be the in-depth critique that helps you locate the shortcomings in your writing and increase your chances of being signed up by a literary agent and getting published.
If you write fiction (commercial and literary fiction, fantasy, science-fiction, thriller, mystery, chick-lit, lad-lit etc), non-fiction (celebrity biographies, women’s literature, sports books, self-improvement and self-help books, social sciences, history, health and beauty, everyday psychology, fashion, cookery, religion, gardening, property developing, travelling, journalism, business, success stories, politics, parenting, autobiography and biographies) and children’s literature, we will gladly accept your work. We also work on scripts and screenplays. However, we do not currently accept poetry and academic books.